25th May 2018 saw a complete overhaul of how companies and groups store and use your personal data. The regulations are full and hard to digest but in a nutshell the following must apply:
• Personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
• Personal data may only be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and must not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Personal data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which those data are processed.
• Personal data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. Every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate are either erased or rectified without delay.
• Personal data must be kept in a form that permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
• Personal data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of those data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
• The controller is responsible for, and must be able to demonstrate, compliance with the Data Protection Principles.
We can assure you that no data is shared inside or outside the club with anyone not directly associated with you, your team or your child). We will delete your personal information within 30 days if you should decide to leave the club. Information is only held by the club secretary.
We have put together a privacy notice and data protection policy that is available in the information section of this website. Please contact Carla Brown if you have any concerns.